Caring can have a harmful impact on unpaid family carers. Planning for the future, managing, and enjoying your caring role will help to reduce this impact.
The event is FREE and includes refreshments, lunch, activities and workshops designed to improve wellbeing and to give family carers a bit of a well-deserved treat!
Guest speakers from Cambridgeshire & Peterborough’s local authority and NHS will be talking about their ongoing commitment to unpaid family carers. You will have the opportunity to tell us what support/services you need to help you with your caring role.
- Creative Workshop – Come along and create something you can be proud of! Bisha our resident Art Therapist will bring out your inner artist.
- Bitesize Meditation – Come along and learn some handy tips on relaxing and forgetting about the outside world!
Drop-in sessions include:
- iPad session – Do you have an iPad or tablet? Would you like a few tips on how to use it? Would you like to learn more about apps and downloads? Then this is the session for you! Bring along you own iPad, tablet or smartphone if you like.
- Welfare Benefits Team – would you like advice which benefits you are entitled to and how to claim them? The team can even help you with the paperwork.
- Wills Expert – have any questions about creating a Will? Come and speak to a member from Integrity Wills to answer your queries.
- Working Carers – Are you a working carer? Find out what your rights are and the support available.
- Box of Trix – Discover what items are available to help make life easier for you and the person you care for.
- Homecare – Find out about the homecare support that is available by us.
Book your place now – see form below
Planning your current/future caring role
Specialist from the world of finance will give ideas on financial planning. We will also have members from the Carers Support Team to explain how to prepare for unplanned events.
Managing your caring role
Experts on employment, safeguarding and direct payments will be there to help with managing your caring role alongside other aspects of your life.
Enjoying your caring role
We recognise that caring can be an uplifting and rewarding time in your life. Look after your health and wellbeing by staying connected, having fun and taking time out to spend on yourself.
Also at the event is the launch of the new Carers Directory of local support, which will also be available online.
Come and chat to partners and professionals we work with alongside trustees, staff and senior management of Carers Trust Cambridgeshire and Carers Trust Peterborough.
Booking is essential as places are limited.
To book your place phone 01480 499090 or email email@example.com.
Book Online – Complete the form below (if form does not appear click here)