Moving on Up is a staff training and awareness package for colleges, sixth form centres and universities in Cambridgeshire.
Young Adult Carers, supported by Carers Trust Cambridgeshire, have contributed throughout the delivery of this project. This has included work on the funding application, planning content of the videos, staring in the videos, helping to design the training and will deliver the training (where time allows).
This project has been funded by a grant from ‘Think Big’.
Aims of Moving On Up
- To raise awareness of Young Adult Carers
- To increase the number of Young Adult carers identified within education settings
- To build on or introduce effective means of support for Young Adult Carers within education settings
Education establishments are invited to get in touch for initial training from us.
The Training package is split into six chapters:
- Who are Young Adult Carers?
- Support for Students
- Access to support from Carers Trust Cambridgeshire
- The experience of student life
- Going to University
- A professional point of view
Education establishments that take advantage of the initial training from Carers Trust Cambridgeshire, will be given a Moving On Up pack. The pack will enable them to spread awareness of young adult carers across their organisation. A DVD with the six chapter videos accompanies the pack.
Book your Training
To book your training from January 2017, please contact Nicky Hornsby
Phone: 01480 499090