What are Family Carers Hubs?
Family Carers Hubs are for all carers and their families.
The hubs will provide opportunities to access a range of co-ordinated community based help and support which includes social groups, activities, training and well-being support for family carers and the people they care for. This will enable family carers to have a short break within the hub knowing that the person that they care for is involved in a safe, meaningful and enjoyable activity. They will also provide opportunities for family carers and the people they care for to engage in activities together.
The Family Carers Hubs will be coordinated by Carers Trust Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk delivered in partnership with other voluntary organisations, statutory organisations and community groups. Working together we can build caring communities where family carers and their families are identified and supported.
What help can I get at a Family Carers Hub?
Staff will be able to provide the following support:
- Completing Carer’s Assessments
- Completing What If? Plans
- Refer someone for a break, through the Family Carers’ Prescription
- Signpost to other organisations/services for support
- Provide a listening ear
- Find out about your rights as a carer
- Benefits and entitlements information
- Access to activities that can improve your physical and emotional health.
Where will the Carers Hubs be?
Carers Hubs are set up in the following communities :
More locations are being planned, please check back here to find out when and where in your area.
Caring for someone living with Dementia?
Join us at one of our groups for carers and your loved one:
- Shelford Dementia Family Carers Hub, Cambridge
- The Wednesday Club for Dementia, Scratby